- Evidence of basic degrees or diplomas:
a) B.Sc.: Department of Chemistry, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece.
b) Diploma: Department of Civil Engineering, Democritus University of Thrace, Xanthi, Greece (5-Year Curriculum).
- Graduate degrees
a) Ph.D.: Department of Civil Engineering, Democritus University of Thrace, Xanthi, Greece.
b) Postdoctoral: Department of Environmental Engineering, Democritus University of Thrace, Xanthi, Greece.
- Continuing education
– European Diploma in Computer Training (ECDL). Organization: Greek Association of Science Computer.
– National Certificate of knowledge of computing. Organization: Ministry of Education.
Short Description – Research Interests:
Dr Georgios Gikas has published more than 130 scientific papers in peer-reviewed scientific journals, books and conference proceedings 63 of which are in international journals. Among his scientific interests are:
- Hydrological models, runoff quality management of urban and rural areas, non-point pollution, water resources management.
- Environmental hydraulic and hydrodynamic models and surface water quality (rivers, lakes, lagoons and reservoirs).
- Wastewater treatment using natural systems (constructed wetlands, stabilization ponds).
- Field measurements, chemical / biological assays in the laboratory.
1. Ecological engineering and technology Ι (Management of runoff, pollutant and sediments).