Instructors: Argyro Dimoudi, Stamatios Zoras, Leonidas Karakatsanis
Course Code: TMC330
Weekly teaching hours: 6
ECTS credits: 5
Prerequisites: Mathematics, Heat Transfer Phenomena, Fluid mechanics, Physics of the Atmosphere
Course offered to Erasmus students: No
Course URL: https://eclass.duth.gr/courses/ TMC330/
The course aims at:
- Familiarization with the Greek and European energy legislation for buildings
- Comprehension of the main principles and systems of energy efficiency at buildings
- Comprehension of the main principles of energy assessment calculations
- Familiarization with elaboration of an energy assessment report
- Familiarization with performing an energy audit at buildings and systems
- Search, analysis and synthesis of data and information, ICT Use
- Decision making
- Autonomous work
- Production of new research ideas
- Design and management of projetcs
- Respect for the natural environment
- Promoting free, creative and inductive reasoning
- Building energy consumption fundamentals: Analysis per activity, per building category, etc.
- Building energy policy: European and national energy legislation – Building energy efficiency regulation (KENAK), Technical Guides of TEE.
- Energy efficiency and rational use of energy in buildings: envelope, heating – cooling systems, heat recovery systems, cogeneration systems.
- Artificial lighting: Energy savings at lighting systems, lighting control.
- Building Energy Management Systems (BEMS). Low energy consumption appliances.
- District heating / cooling of building complexes / settlements
- Users energy behavior
- Calculation of energy performance of buildings: basic principles, energy balance, energy requirements for space heating-cooling-DHW–lighting, energy consumption, heat transfer equations, thermal insulation calculations. National – European principles for the energy performance of buildings.
- Energy audit procedure : Buildings, Systems
- Energy study report: specifications
- Buildings energy certification and energy rating
- Buildings’ energy performance software: Energy audits – energy study.
- Energy calculation software (structure, inputs, databases, energy efficiency scenario design etc.)
- Examples of energy design report for different building categories
- Measurement of thermal performance of buildings, thermal performance of boiler / burner Measures for energy renovation of buildings and systems
- Developing an energy audit / energy study report
The section of ‘Energy Efficiency in buildings’ is covered by the following textbooks / books:
1. Structures Physics and Environmental Design of Buildings, Papamanolis N. (2016), Kallipos
and the following textbooks:
- Guide of energy efficiency in residential buildings
- Energy efficiency technologies at buildings
- Energy behavior of consumers – Energy efficient equipment
The ‘Energy Audits ‘ section is covered by the following textbooks / books:
- Teachers’ notebooks (uploaded at course website
- Guide for Energy Audit of Buildings
- Guide of techniques and instruments for energy measurements
- Technical Guides of the Technical Chamber of Greece (TOTEE )